The Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) was established as an extension department of St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi, in 1955. XISS is well known for training young men and women in Rural Development, Personnel Management, and Industrial Relations. XISS, Ranchi aims to create leaders with a conscience, compassion, competence, and commitment to sustainable development and empowerment of the marginalized. This college is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]
XISS provides Post Graduate Diploma in Management programs. Xavier Institute of Social Service admission process is followed by the institute as per the guidelines of AICTE. It offers courses like human resource management, information technology, marketing, rural management, and finance.
- MOU signed with IPE Global Limited, New Delhi to work in collaboration in areas of mutual interest in policy dialogue and capacity building in nutrition with special focus on maternal, infant
- MOU signed with Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic to encourage and develop scientific and cultural cooperation between the two Institutions
- Eminent personality like Prof Seung Hee Kim from the Vision University of Jeonju, South Korea has visited the campus
- Faculty has presented the official statement in foreign countries like Mongolia, Geneva
- Students for the last two years has been successfully participating in the Student Exchange Programme with the University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Institute have various students club like Cultural and Sports Committee, PHONiX , XAR, MART Voice