Calcutta Business School located in Kolkata was founded in 2008 by the Shikshayatan Foundation, headed by the eminent industrialist, Mr. S. K. Birla. The programs offered by the college are approved by the All India Council of Technical Education [AICTE]. Calcutta Business School offers 2-year full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Management [PGDM] and Management Development Programs [MDP] for corporates.
All the facilities like dining, games, gender-separate hostels are available for the students. The institute also provides various schemes like Scholarship schemes, tuition waiver scholarship schemes. Calcutta Business School provides placements and internships. The college also organizes many cultural and social events and facilitates industrial visits and international study tours to provide global exposure to the students. The most reputed fest of CBS is Zeron for which they have corporate partnership.
Calcutta Business School Highlights:
To hone the business edge of its students, Calcutta Business School introduced the case study based teaching method, right from the beginning. This is to facilitate interdisciplinary learning and simulate the real world business environment the students will land into, upon the completion of their two years.
|Type of Institute||Private, Autonomous|
|Year of Establishment||2008|
|Approval||All India Council of Technical Education [AICTE] |
|Infrastructure Facilities||Administrative Buiding, Library, Hostels, Recreational facilities |
Calcutta Business School Address
|Diamond Harbor Road, Bishnupur, 7 KM from IIM Calcutta, 24 Pargana (S), West Bengal - 743503 |
|Programs Offered||Post graduation diploma in management [PGDM]|
Calcutta Business School Fees
Calcutta Business School PGDM:
The institute offers four specialisations, namely: Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management and Operations Management. Calcutta Business School is one of the few institutes which offer a dual specialisation with students getting to pick any two between the four areas.
Students are expected to do two internships, one in the Summer and the other in the Autumn. This enhances their practical knowledge as they assigned to a company/ business house under the guidance of an industry mentor and a faculty mentor of CBS.
Calcutta Business School Infrastructure:
Calcutta Business School has gone green with its spatious 15-acre campus in the environs of Vishnupur, having been turned eco-friendly.
- A Management Development and Research Centre has been established which offers seminar halls, 3-star accommodation facilities, dining halls, gymnasium, lounge and recreational facilities such as gymnasium, outdoor sports like badminton, basketball, etc.
- The library is very well-stocked and can grant membership even to corporate houses. It is connected to NPTEL and provides online access to top journals.
- The MBA Academy Building has eight classrooms- each able to seat 60 students, a 120-seat auditorium, the library, a lounge, a language lab etc.
Calcutta Business School Placements:
Many top companies offer jobs opportunities to the students. Calcutta Business School placement cell ensures the placements for internships and full-time jobs.
- The College also organizes international study tours in which there are industrial visits, giving the students exposure to global standards of education.
- The foreign language classes (French) enhance the visibility of the students' skills.
- Some of the top recruiters are: IDFC First Bank, KPMG, Emkay, GSK Consumer Healthcare, Kotak Life Insurance, LG Electronics etc.
- Calcutta Business School average package is INR 5.03 lakhs from 2016-18.
Calcutta Business School Scholarships:
CBS offers a financial assistance of a maximum of INR 3,00,000 which is conditional on the performance during graduation. 4 students are given a tuition fee waiver of paying only 40% of the course fee if they have scored over 75% marks in graduation and have over 85% percentile in CAT. Besides, two Scholarships of Rs.25,000 each are given to the top 2 positions for best academic performance in each of the three terms.